Bassetlaw Integrated Care Partnership (ICP)
The ICP in Bassetlaw is a partnership of chief executives and senior leaders from BCVS, Bassetlaw District Council, NHS Bassetlaw CCG, Doncaster and Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Healthwatch Nottingham & Nottinghamshire, Nottinghamshire County Council, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust and three Primary Care Networks.
Resetting Bassetlaw – 2020
Due to changes during the Covid-19 pandemic, building on Bassetlaw’s many assets, and previous progress made as an ICP, the partnership seeks to achieve its purpose in the context of living with and beyond Covid-19 through the following principles for working.
The ICP will:
- Provide a ‘one place’ identity for health and wellbeing in Bassetlaw
- Continue as an organisationally neutral and non-hierarchical partnership
- Support collaboration and the making of connections across the Bassetlaw community
- Retain from positive ways of working from the ‘command and control’ approach to the Covid-19 outbreak by empowering and devolving problem solving to enable rapid and impactful changes with the right people coming together and being empowered to solve particular and specific challenges or problems using the skills, knowledge and attributes of people
- Provide a platform for sharing and enabling good practice, co-operation and innovation in improving health and wellbeing and the wider determinants of health
- Employ the principles of co-production, ensuring the voice of Bassetlaw people and communities is at the heart of the way the partnership works
- Operate with the minimum viable of bureaucracy so that every intervention has value
- Clearly communicate its purpose and objectives.
Primary Care Networks seek to link staff from general practice, community-based services, hospitals, mental health services, social care and voluntary organisations to deliver joined-up care for populations of approximately 30,000-50,000. In Bassetlaw, there are 3 Primary Care Networks:
- Retford and Villages
- Larwood and Bawtry
The ICP also locates place-based developments within the South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw Integrated Care System (SYB ICS) which brings together the partners that plan and deliver health and care services from across Bassetlaw, Doncaster, Rotherham, Barnsley and Sheffield, and the Nottingham & Nottinghamshire Integrated Care System.
The Bassetlaw Place Plan 2019-2021 sets out the strategic direction for the ICP in Bassetlaw, and focuses on priorities most appropriately led at place level.
The ICP priorities are those identified by Bassetlaw partners as those where by working across NHS, local government and voluntary sectors and beyond, the greatest impact on the ambitions for healthy individuals families and communities can be achieved, that would not be possible without such collaboration.
This will realise the vision for the Bassetlaw place, to deliver improvement in experiences, health and wellbeing for Bassetlaw citizens by 2021, through simpler, integrated, responsive and well understood services which ensure people get the right support at the right time.
Using the lived experience of Bassetlaw people, partners are working together on shared projects and initiatives on the following priorities as outlined in our ‘alignment model’ below.