On 11 April 2019 the Bassetlaw Integrated Care Partnership (ICP) Board endorsed the national Prevention concordat for better mental health.
The ICP agree that:
- To transform the health system, we must increase the focus on prevention and the wider determinants of mental health. We recognise the need for a shift towards prevention-focussed leadership and action throughout the mental health system; and into the wider system. In turn, this will impact positively on the NHS and social care system by enabling early help through the use of upstream interventions.
- There must be joint cross-sectoral action to deliver an increased focus on the prevention of mental health problems and the promotion of good mental health at local level. This should draw on the expertise of people with lived experience of mental health problems, and the wider community, to identify solutions and promote equality.
- We will promote a prevention-focused approach towards improving the public’s mental health, as all our organisations have a role to play.
- We will work collaboratively across organisational boundaries and disciplines to secure place-based improvements that are tailored to local needs and assets, in turn increasing sustainability and the effective use of limited resources.
- We will build the capacity and capability across our workforce to prevent mental health problems and promote good mental health, as outlined in the Public Mental Health Leadership and Workforce Development Framework Call to Action.
- We believe local areas will benefit from adopting the Prevention Concordat for Better Mental Health.
- We are committed to supporting local authorities, policy makers, NHS clinical commissioning groups and other commissioners, service providers, employers and the voluntary and community sector to adopt this Concordat and its approach.
Read the Public Health England Policy Paper here.